Join the Team
With staff all over Cumberland County, Maine, Through These Doors regularly has job opportunities for people who want to be part of a dynamic, innovative organization engaging in local, regional, and national efforts to end abuse and violence. At TTD, we strive to create a workplace that is productive, stimulating, and open to new ideas. As an organization, TTD is always evolving, informed by the needs of victims and survivors of abuse and by changes in our community and the larger world. Employees who enjoy successful careers at TTD are those who enjoy challenges and thrive in a flexible culture.
Open Position: Liaison to DHHS Child Protective Services
The TTD Liaison to DHHS CPS is responsible for creating, monitoring, and sustaining systems to strengthen the relationship between TTD and the child protection system in Cumberland County. The goal of the program is to enhance victim safety, increase abuser accountability, and advance TTD’s capacity to achieve its mission related to the issues of domestic and sexual violence, dating violence, human trafficking, and stalking.
This position is based at the DHHS Office in South Portland, ME with periodic travel and work throughout Cumberland County. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) hourly position starting at $17 per hour. Through These Doors offers a generous benefits package for all eligible employees including health and dental coverage, earned time off, sick time, life insurance, and a pension.
Education, Training & Other Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree and three year’s relevant professional experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Successful completion of TTD hotline training, and participation in ongoing education and training post-hire
- Valid Maine driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Satisfactory responses from government agencies to required background checks
- Three years progressive, comparable work experience
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of domestic and sexual violence, dating violence, human trafficking, and stalking
- Organizational and program leadership experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Basic computer competency
The goal of TTD’s recruitment and hiring process is to achieve an excellent and balanced workforce with representation and participation from diverse sectors of our society. TTD has a responsibility to our community and to victims and survivors of abuse to actively recruit and hire the best-qualified individuals that it can, and to do so in the context of its commitment to principles of diversity.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to Through These Doors, PO Box 704, Portland, ME 04104, or email [email protected] by 5 pm on October 16, 2020.
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to religious creed, race, color, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation. Through These Doors is a nonprofit organization which receives funding from Maine DHHS, MaineHousing, local United Ways, Cumberland County, and your generous donations.